Wednesday, April 02, 2008

ROTC: Camp Williams

This last Friday I went with a friend from the paper to cover a story about the ROTC training that took place at Camp Williams.  I've never taken pictures of the armed forces and have always wanted to so I was happy for this opportunity, despite the fact that it was too early for me.

1


2


3


4


5


I'd never been close up to a Blackhawk ... and well come to think about it, I've never been close to a helicopter ... and I was surprised at how much wind it picks up when it lands and takes off.  They told me to knee before and after, but I didn't think I'd have to basically take cover because of all the rocks that were thrown my way.  They are really impressive machines.

6


7


8


9


My friend Jennie was nice enough to stand still while I took her picture ... it was cold that morning.

10


I really enjoyed taking these pictures.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Army!!!!


Drew

Jennif said...

i have to say that picture of me is pretty badass. and it was way cold so i'm glad we are giving ourselves credit for dealing with it.

Amy said...

Wow these are really different type of pictures for you! I honestly like them all!

Anonymous said...

Great job Ken!! Your pictures are awesome (as always!!) Charity

Anonymous said...

Ken - Since my husband has been in the Navy over 17 years, I've seen ALOT of military pictures - These are really good - enjoyed everyone - Keep up the fabulous job - and thanks for sharing!

GO NAVY

Madelyne

Jen said...

Amazing photos... I love them all!