Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yellowstone

For Labor Day weekend Amy and I went to Yellowstone. I have wanted to visit Yellowstone ever since I moved to Utah, so I was excited to go. We were able to see some wildlife and some awesome landscapes. Here are some photos from our trip.

1
Photobucket

2
Photobucket

3
Photobucket

4
Photobucket
Old Faithful

5
Photobucket

6
Photobucket
Having one of these guys walk past the car is a true experience. They weigh about the same as the car and stagger by. I was afraid that he would ram our car at any moment. He reminded me of a bully walking through a hallway just ready to pounce on the first person that makes the wrong move. Intense.

7
Photobucket
We were fortunate to see this awesome sunset through the trees.

8
Photobucket
We drove past this coyote and put the car in reserve and watched him for a while.

9
Photobucket

10
Photobucket

11
Photobucket
We got in the habit of pulling off at all the random rodes. We followed a sign to see petrified trees and ended up seeing Moose. There were three of them and it was amazing to get close enough to snag this picture.

12
Photobucket
This little deer was shy and hid from us.

13
Photobucket

14
Photobucket

15
Photobucket

16
Photobucket

17
Photobucket

18
Photobucket
The landscapes in the park were truly breath taking!

19
Photobucket

20
Photobucket

21
Photobucket

22
Photobucket

Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

The Greens said...

Awesome pics Ken! I love Yellowstone. I've been there many times but have not once seen a moose. I'm glad you got to see so much wildlife. You captured them beautifully!

Holm Life said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures-- I especially love the waterfall shots. I grew up near Yellowstone and some of our family were able to go to Yellowstone this summer so seeing your pictures brought a lot of memories. (I'm Lynn Holm's mother-in-law.) Aren't we glad the USA decided to set aside national parks?

Amy said...

Awesome beautiful pictures and an awesome very memorable trip! ;)

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Ken, I just love your work. Honestly! Maybe you should start producing post-cards, because those photos are awesome and should be spread all over the world! Good work! So sad we missed out on the fun.